Sunday, June 27, 2010

What to do with scraps???

You know how you'll get all those unwanted leftover threads once you're done with a project? There is still thread wound on your shuttle and well, NOW WHAT? I used a square doily out of my newest book and decided to put those pesky threads to use. The picture is the result so far. Kinda a cute little thing, eh? Once I'm all done I'll block it and use it as a coaster. This has been good practice in joining to make sure the rings and chains all go where they should!
Ta-ta for now!
Allison

2 comments:

IsDihara said...

What a great way to put those pesky leftovers to practcal use!

Lace-lovin' Librarian Diane just commented on my blog post today how "glass mat" sounded more elegant than "coaster" - for lace as pretty as yours, I would agree that "glass mat" was more appropriate.

But of course, there is nothing wrong with the word coaster. I say it all the time!

Sewicked said...

I make little four-ring butterflies to give away. If there's not enough thread for that, I make little one-ring flowers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...