Here is some of the progress on the celtic doilies from PineyWoodsTatter's Blog.
To the far left is my first attempt...a very 'knotty' little guy! I tried making a SCMR and didn't quite behave the way I wanted. Middle left was attempt #2. This time I tried making three standard rings and then using the SCMR to join them together to make the celtic design. Nope, that one didn't work either. I had to pull the chain thread through the other rings to get the chain to overlap and that ended up in a mess too! Middle right is attempt #3 which I got a little farther then #2. I started with one normal, tatted ring and added SCMRs to make the celtic effect of one chain overlapping another. I missed one of the rings so I had to stop but finially on the far right is a completed celtic center for PineyWoodsTatter's motif shown HERE. Now that I made one, I'm not sure if I want to add the next round to it! Haha!! I think I'll try this guy a couple more times with some larger thread and add the next round of chains to those.
|Here is a close up on the best center of the celtic motif I was trying for.|
This was a fun challenge! I'm really liking using the SCMR technique a lot and think I'll have to give split chains, block tatting, and some other advanced tatting techniques a try!
Have a great weekend everyone!