Tuesday, June 19, 2012

SCMR - The Self-Closing Mock Ring


I am always excited to learn new tricks and tips and last night's adventure was in the realm of SCMR (self-closing mock ring). The pattern I am working on starts off with a SCMR with a bead in the middle. I have never done one before so I turned to my favorite instruction page: Jane Eborall's website! Her website has so many great patterns but I really have to give a shout-out to her instruction page (Click HERE to visit her website).
So there I sat, with laptop and my shuttles following her guide to the SCMR. I couldn't believe how easy it was, and fun too! Since it's basically a chain with a loop on the end that closes like a ring! WHO KNEW?!?
Image courtesy of http://www.e.n.e.btinternet.co.uk/

 
My newest thread I'm working with is called Pineapple Parfait and I'm pairing it with some pearl beads. 'Pineapple and Pearls'...I like it! Since it's going to be very hot today, that is the current project for my day off :)
Image courtesy of hhtatting.com
Image courtesy of hhtatting.com


From a happy tatter in Illinois,

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...