Saturday, September 22, 2012

Frilly Roses

I so enjoyed making the Frilled Rosettes from my Previous post, that I made a couple more! The pattern is very simple: use any tatted rose pattern and add picots!
 

Here is the back of one of the roses and a plain rose with no picots - they are the same pattern, with and without picots.
The frilly rose is the centerpiece of my Doodad Dare. I copied the outer edges from the pattern in Lene Bjorn's '24 Tatted Snowflakes.' I don't consider myself very good at making up patterns but I may just have to try adding some different designs for the second tatted round.

The possibilities are endless and that's what I love about 'em! I'm thinking of making some of the frilled rosettes for lapel pins to sell at the artists market! Hope you are having a great week! Enjoy!
 

9 comments:

Michelle said...

That simple , really? Wow, are they ever fun! Gotta try this!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your frilled rosettes are beautiful! I think they will do well at the artists' market!

Ladytats said...

Those would make very pretty broaches Allison.

Margarets designer cards said...

I love your roses, not thought of doing filly roses, I hope you dont mind me trying this out too, they look brilliant.
Lovely snowflake, I have this book and will be trying out some of the patterns.
Margaret

God's Kid said...

Those are absolutely awesome!!! :)

Allison said...

Michelle - yup, its that easy!! Thanks Diane and Ladytats! Margaret - please do try them! I'll post the pattern for you tomorrow! :) Thanks God's Kid! :)

Maureen said...

They are really beautiful, and will make stunning brooches - I'd buy one!
I especially love the colour of the jacaranda-bluish thread in the top rossette - is it a Lizbeth colour? Jacarandas are just beginning to bloom here in Brisbane, and it's one of my very favourite times of year.

Małgoś 13 said...

Beautiful flowers.

Allison said...

Hi Maureen! Yes the top purple-ish flower is in Lizbeth color #162 Purple Iris Fusion. A subtle variegated thread looks really nice with these frillies :) Thanks Malgos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...