Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Snowflake #9 and a Mystery

Snowflake #9
 Pictured above is Snowflake #9. She is tatted in lovely Lizbeth White, size 20 and is from Barbara Foster's Snowflake book. I tatted this one during a movie so I wasn't very consistent with the spaces between the rings. Time to get out the picot gauge!!! This would look really pretty with Le Blog de Frivole's Ice Queen technique; using straight beads on the long spaces! I'm going to have to get me some of those beads and give it a try! Be sure to take a look at her beautiful snowflake!!

 **********************************************************************************************

 Now for a change in topic.....

 OK, there is a debate going on in the house! Is this motif below, considered a snowflake? What do you think? I'll name the bottom once YOU dear readers have decided. Vote by leaving a comment. I say it looks like a snow crystal.... What do you think?


Is it considered a Snowflake???
 I'm looking forward to what everyone thinks of this one!

Update! This little guy has been voted as a crystal! Thanks everyone!
 

7 comments:

Julie Romero said...

Crystal yes, flake no...that seems to need 6 sides to qualify.

Allison said...

I thought so too Julie! Thanks for your vote!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Technically speaking, no! Snowflakes need to have six points, or multiples of six. I would call it a snow crystal.

Mary Kay said...

In a couple of tatting conversations I've seen people rather vehemently insist that snowflakes must have six points. Whether crystal or flake, your tatted ornament above is beautiful & will enhance any place it is displayed!

goudenregen said...

Doesn't look like a snowflake to me. Crystal ok.

Margarets designer cards said...

They look beautiful and I think it is a snowflake,
Margaret

God's Kid said...

Great motifs!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...